Saturday, July 10, 2010

Maine



Two days - and two states I hadn't been to before.




I really liked Maine. It reminds me of Minnesota, but with an ocean and cheaper seafood.




I hit one place from "the book" - White Barn Inn. Very lovely and elegant hotel and restaurant. The first car I saw in the parking lot was a Bentley. We had dinner reservations - until I found out a jacket was required. We didn't really bring the right clothes for a place with a dress code.




We drove out to Walker's Point in Kennebunkport. This is where President Bush's Maine get-away is located.




Kennebunkport is a cute little town - exactly as I had pictured it. Nice shops and easy to get around.


We had lunch at Federal Jack's. The food was good, and we had an excellent view of the harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment